Over 300 registered from 50+ cities and 9 states!
- What is GIS Day?
- GIS Day is a global event held annually to raise awareness of Geographic Information System (GIS) usages.
- Who can come to GIS Day?
- This event is free and open to the public.
- Where is GIS Day? (Directions)
- GIS Day was held at the UK Student Center & Student Center Addition which is located on the Main Campus of the University of Kentucky at the corner of Patterson Dr and Administration Dr.
Student Center & Addition (Bldg #s 30 and 26)
404 Administration Drive
Lexington, KY 40506
More detailed directions.
- Where do I park?
- Parking Structure #5 is the recommended parking area for this event. It is located 350ft northwest from the UK Student Center.
Parking Structure #5 (Bldg #202)
409 S Limestone St
Lexington, KY 40506
The cost of parking is $2.00 for the first hour, $2.00 for the second hour, $1.00 per hour thereafter, with a $10.00 per exit maximum.
More parking information.
- Who is presenting information?
See detailed exhibitor information.
- How do I participate?
- Anyone that uses GIS is welcome and encouraged to participate.
Participation includes presenting your GIS work, volunteering, or sending GIS usage information to be displayed (maps, posters, exhibits).
Contact GIS Coordinator Michelle.Ellington@uky.edu to reserve your spot
or email us a completed FORM .
- Who can I contact?
- If you have any questions or comments contact GIS Coordinator Michelle.Ellington@uky.edu
- How can I volunteer?
- Volunteers are welcome from all departments. If you would like to volunteer contact GIS Coordinator Michelle.Ellington@uky.edu
- Where do I eat?
- There is a variety of food options near campus as well as in the Student Center Food Court.
See map for more information.
Click on a question to see the answer. Open AllClose All
Special thanks to Campus Services, Parking & Transportation, Auxiliary Services, Follett's Bookstore, Center for Computational Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, UK Geospatial and Science Technology Group, and Dining Services for their support with this event.